Saturday, December 13, 2008

Had a nice visit with Mike on Wednesday. We talked about a broad range of subjects, and at one point remarked about words Gloria Gaither had written to Finlandia. If you recall the melody, you should like the words:

I then shall live as one who's been forgiven
I'll walk with joy to know my debts are paid
I know my name is clear before my father
I am his child and I am not afraid
So greatly pardoned, I'll forgive my brother
The law of love I gladly will obey

I then shall live as one who's learned compassion
I've been so loved that I'll risk loving too
I know how fear builds walls instead of bridges
I'll dare to see another's point of view
And when relationships demand commitment
Then I'll be there to care and follow through

Your kingdom come around and through and in me
Your power and glory let them shine through me
Your Hallowed name, oh may I bear with honor
And may Your living Kingdom come in me
The Bread of Life, O may I share with honor
And may You feed a hungry world through me

3 comments:

Mike said...

Glad you posted the words to that powerful song. A link to listen to it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_p3lDJJRWc. You can copy that to your browser if clicking on it won't open it.

Anonymous said...

Nice lyrics you posted Dad. I especially like "And may Your living Kingdom come in me." Pat and I watched a movie last night, it was dark and not really enjoyable, but its title and the message rang true. "The Human Stain," is about how many of us may look on others as different because of their skin color, or because of their religion, or because of their status in life . . . and on and on. When we truly know and express God's living kingdom in Us, this is when we see no stains, but only the transcendent beauty which is who we all are.

Sarah said...

I live as one who's been forgiven. I walk with joy to know my debts are paid. I know my name is clear before my father. I am his child and I am not afraid.