Friday, April 29, 2011

You've heard about identity theft. How about identity mixup? I received bills from a critical care transport company, $25 each way to and from a cardiac diagnostic clinic on the 26th. I called the transport company and was told that Robert Murphy, DOB 4/24/20, SS number 268 etc (my number) was indeed transported to that place on that date. I said I wasn't transported anywhere on that date or any other date. Ashley, the young woman at the transport company, called Summit's Trace and a nurse said yes, I was taken from the G unit and returned on that date. (The G unit in the care center is like 200 in assisted living.) I went there, but that nurse wasn't there at the time. I told an RA I was Robert Murphy. She told me another Robert Murphy was a relatively new resident. She took me to his room, but he was in therapy at the time. That helped explain part of the mystery, but not all of it. Turns out my "face sheet" they call it, was picked up, copied and put with the new resident's records. So, record-wise, I was living a double life for a while. I'm told that has now been corrected. Don't know if any other meaningful stuff happened in the meantime. If it did, say the billing from the cardiac outfit, I may have to get it corrected.
Also FYI, I've been having trouble not getting incoming telephone calls. Some have said they've heard repeated ringing and no response from me or the answering machine. I had Mary, the RA in 200, call me last evening and the machine worked OK. Today a call from the woman at the transport company was picked up by the answering machine, so maybe the problem is fixed. I guess others have had problems - probably weather related.

3 comments:

Steve said...

That's interesting how there are now two Robert Murphy's at Summit Trace. I remember when I was working at Wendy's, there was another Stephen Murphy (who went by Terry) and I received calls from bill collectors wanting to collect for bills he owed, and they didn't believe me when I told them I wasn't that Stephen Murphy ;) Sometimes a glitch happens with electronics and unplugging them for ten seconds and then plugging them in seems to help.

Megan said...

That's crazy! Good thing you got the mix up fixed, but sorry you had to go to the trouble to fix someone else's error.

Anonymous said...

Did you see the new USS Michael Murphy? I wonder how many Michael Murphys there are?