Friday, April 15, 2011

Chemo-cation




A day after I was diagnosed with cancer, I contacted my travel agent and had them book a cruise to Bermuda on a big ship in the biggest suite available. We left last Saturday and returned yesterday. It was a wonderful break from the chemo-therapy, and Maureen called it Chemo-cation.


We almost didn't get to go because on last Friday, I noticed that my right arm was twice the size of my left arm, so I went to the ER to find out that I had 2 blood clots in my upper right arm. They put me on a blood thinner that Maureen has to inject into my abdomen twice a day and then cleared me to go on the cruise.


Katie will be here on Monday for my next round of chemo.


Love,


Scott

4 comments:

Truman said...

Thanks for the posting, Scott. Good pictures. Good descriptive word for the cruise. Too bad about the clots, but better they showed up before you sailed so you could take the medication with you.

Megan said...

Glad you had a good time on the cruise! (I especially liked that you got the biggest suite available - good for you!)

Steve said...

It's good to relax and enjoy life - anytime. Our prayers are with you Scott and know your family loves you!

Rebecca Anne said...

I am so happy you got to go. We cruised last summer and love it!
Rebecca Anne