Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's been almost a month since anyone posted a message. I'll revive it some by starting to post a little bit of this and a little bit of that selected from stuff in my files that I've saved for one reason or another over the years. Murphy's Law - If anything can go wrong, it will. Said to be a principle that guided a reliability engineer named Murphy to look for ways a product could fail and include design changes to prevent such a failure. The term has been used to describe countless versions, some very true and some just funny, that have nothing to do with reliability engineering. Friendly fire - isn't. True. Never play leapfrog with a unicorn. Just funny. All bleeding stops. . . eventually. True. I know you know some like this. Post them.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Yesterday at work, I was summoned because someone said the elevator wasn't working. An elderly couple was inside when the elevator stopped, but Ed was able to open the doors from inside and step out. I guess that negates some of Murphy's negative laws.