Monday, July 5, 2010

Rita Price had told me the piece would appear today, but my eyes popped when I saw it at the top of the front page with THE LAST SONG in big capital letters. I think the story and the photos are award-winning material - not because they're about Mom and me, but because of the way it was written and the unique way the photographer captured the scene. The use of the big mirror added a third dimension in a very creative way. One was at the top and across most of the page. I think Rita told the story with a certain spirit that reflected a deep understanding of life situations - feeling the content as she writes it, something that goes way beyond regular reporting.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Wonderful article Dad! All three of us have read it,and think it's great. And I agree, the pictures are very nice. Steve asked his Dad to mail us the actual paper - not sure if what's online is exactly the same as the paper.

Sarah said...

Poppop,

I'm speechless! It was the most amazing and beautiful article! Have you read the comments online that have been posted under it? Click on them...there were 10 or 11 when I was just on there. You've really blessed and inspired people reading this. I've copied and sent it to people. More people need to hear about this!

I love you both

Truman said...

Sarah,
I couldn't find the comments posted. Tell me where to look.

Megan said...

Dad - go down to the end of the article online, and past a few ads - then click on "Read all 13 comments" (or whatever the number will be by then).

Leigh @ Organic Mamas said...

Great article! What a blessing to be able to share your story with others who may be going through the same trials themselves. You truly are a testament of true love and commitment in good times and bad, which the world needs to see more of!

Emily Krouse said...

It was a beautiful article! I am glad you decided to share it with everyone.

Sally said...

Dad, the article is beautiful. I shared it with close friends here. One wrote back to tell me both her parents did not know who she was when they died! It brought back some tears and memories. Everyone agrees that your love story is an inspiration and the fact that you shared it was a blessing! It was beautifully done, Dad. Thank you for having the courage to share it.