Sunday, July 25, 2010

I met the CEO of Peregrine (parent company of Summit's Trace) on Thursday. His name is Paul Dauerman. He was in the reception area when I went there to see Jim Robison about a problem with our car. But let me go back a little. I've had to move the car several times at different stages of the process of repaving the parking area. I probably had been paged to do it again, but didn't hear it. One of the maintenance men looked me up and said he would move the car for me. He took my keys, then came back a few minutes later and told me he had run the windows down because it was so hot in the car, but the passenger side front window wouldn't go back up. He had told Jim Robison about it. Jim is under contract with Peregrine and oversees all the renovation work going on here. I guess Jim thought he might be able to fix the problem, so I went to the lobby to see him. That's when I met Paul, and he heard about the problem. Turned out that Jim couldn't get the window back up, and someone ran the rear passenger window down, and it wouldn't go back up either. The maintenance man taped plastic over the windows for the night and Jim said he would see that trouble was corrected. He also said Paul had told him the company would pay for it. To make a long story shorter, Jim had the the car fixed and charged (over $800) to Peregrine. Both motors and window regulators were replaced. I feel funny about all of this. If I would have moved the car myself, I wouldn't have known there was a problem with the windows - I wouldn't have run them down. Sooner or later, though, I would have (maybe at a very inconvenient time) and would have had to pay for the repairs. I guess the best thing to do is gracefully accept what was obviously a goodwill gesture on the CEO's part.

2 comments:

Mike said...

I'd say you were fortunate and that company did more than was required.

Sarah said...

Yes, I'd say the timing worked out right for you. That's something to be thankful for!