Wednesday, November 5, 2008

We are having a stretch of beautiful Indian Summer here. I've been taking Mom outside after lunch. One day we stopped by my room. I wanted her to see the bright orange leaves on the tree outside my window. We also looked at the pictures on the desk. I couldn't tell if there was any special reaction or sign of recall. There is a new resident in the 600 corridor. The first couple days were difficult for her and the staff, but she has calmed down considerably - under the influence, I assume, of some medication. Her situation is similar to Mom's. She had been sharing an apartment with her husband, and he now lives in the Courtyards. I don't know what apartment he's in and don't know if he has been to see her in 600. If he has, it's not been at or around mealtime.

I'm glad the election is over. I don't have the TV on very much, so wasn't bombarded by commercials to a great extent. I hope Obama means some of comments he has made - that he realizes millions didn't vote for him. Don't know if George W. ever said that (even though more voted for Gore in 2000), but I think I'm like many - tired of the partisan conflict and hoping for more cooperation in Washington.
Truman

1 comment:

Megan said...

Enjoy that weather Dad - our weather changed overnight, and today it will only get up to the low 40's, and we're having rain and snow showers! Last weekend was beautiful though, in the low 70's here, and the upper 70's in Oklahoma.