Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mom was more alert in church today than she has been for some time. I wouldn't say she listened to the sermon, but she was looking in that direction most of the time. She hasn't said or sang anything since last Reformation Sunday, when as I told some of you, she sang all the verses of "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God." That was a surprise. Although it's not so every Sunday, today the service contained a pretty complete setting of Lutheran liturgy. As usual, I pointed to the words (as I do to the words of hymns) and she seemed to be following. You have to believe she recognized some of it.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Looks like we can comment on your postings - we'll see if this works. I had to open an account, which was easy except for the word verification which is hard to read and easy to mess up.

Glad to hear of some improvement in Mom. I was also glad to read in the news of a new drug that shows promise in the treatment of Alzheimer's.

Sarah said...

Hi Poppop! I'm glad we can stay in touch like this! You are WAY more hip and up-to-date then I am with technology!!

Love,
Sarah