Monday, August 25, 2008

Had good visits with Megan, Steve and Whitney. They arrived in Columbus Saturday afternoon and came here at 3:00 Sunday. We had dinner at 4:30 then went to see Mom. She seemed more responsive than she has in the past. In fact, before we left when Megan leaned over to tell her goodnight and said, "I love you, we'll be back tomorrow", Mom smiled and said, "That's good." Today they got here just after I had finished lunch. We went over and sat with Mom while she ate, then took her outside in the wheelchair. For a while, the three of them sat on a bench. I positioned the wheel chair so she would face them and suggested that they talk to her. She seemed to enjoy that, looking from one to the other and smiling. After we went back to her room and she got sleepy, we came to this apartment where they stayed until I went to dinner. During that time Megan used her memory stick with this computer and showed me many pictures taken during their cruise. That technology amazes me - how all that stuff can be stored in a little gadget like that. They also brought a digital picture frame with a 14 picture internal memory. She had loaded pictures so Mom can watch them as a slide show. Something else I marveled at was Steve getting on line promptly at 2:30 and printing tickets with seat assignments for their flights (to St. Louis then to Omaha) tomorrow. I said promptly at 2:30, which was the earliest he could "get in Line" so they could get good seats - and some were already taken.
Truman

No comments: