Saturday, April 24, 2010

Thanks for making this day such a memorable one. I was deeply honored by your presence. As I said, it's hard to find the right words to really get that idea across. Eddy Cantor (I'd be surprised if any of you know who he was) had a radio show on Sunday nights. He signed off with a song that began, "I love to spend each Sunday with you. As friend to friend, I'm sorry it's through. I'm telling you just how I feel. I hope you feel that way, too." So I guess you just have to let the spirit and the love in a gathering like the one today take over when words aren't adequate. Mom held up well, I think, after having lost her lunch and needing a change of clothes before getting there. We'll have to believe the same spirit and love in the room could reach into the deepest centers of her being. She got a little rest before her dinner, ate well, stayed awake and seemed to enjoy the Lawrence Welk show. But her eyes didn't stay open long after she got in bed. Of course, she would have to be awakened again to be readied for the night. So to sign off, I loved to spend this Saturday with you. As one deeply honored, I'm sorry it's through. I love you all. Remember the connecting strand and love each other.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family is truly precious and I enjoyed being there with you all! We have many blessings to be grateful for, and family is at the top of the list. The get together at the hotel was also nice and watching the "kids" was special.

Thanks Dad for your words of wisdom and when we extend to each other the connecting strand of kindness and love, we can live in harmony, peace, and joy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We miss everyone already. Easy drive for Matthew and me. Please share pictures! I have a Yorkphoto.com account which is easy.
Rebecca Anne

Sarah said...

This was a wonderful celebration! Poppop it was great to be with you and Mawmaw. She really did seem to be more alert and aware of what was going on. I loved seeing her hold her children's hands. It was like she somehow knew this was special.

It was great seeing all of you!!

Mike said...

Dad,
It was an honor to honor you on your 90th birthday. You taught me what it means to be a man.

It was also great to catch up with all the family, and to meet the newer members. I was sitting back once observing in the chapel, and was struck by the huge amount of talent in that room.

Megan said...

We will indeed continue to love one another! We have such an amazing family - I am so blessed! I love you all!