Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"Snow" in Tennessee




I talked to Poppop today via Skype which was SO wonderful! He told me they have 8 inches or so of snow and I know Nebraska and Michigan get a lot so I thought you would get a kick out of our snow. Here in Tennessee even the mention of ice or snow crowds the grocery stores and closes school. School was closed Tuesday when we had ice...though it was on the trees and not on the roads. Then today it was closed for this bit of snow you see in the pictures. (How different from Peoria when we had 17 inches and hardly anyone blinks!) Our kids, especially Emma, got so excited she went out right away. You could see blades of grass through the snow, but it was still great sledding! She cracked me up when she came down and had on her protective goggles for science! Our German Shepherd, Hope, got her first look at snow and LOVED it. It was hard to catch the snowballs when they were thrown...though she wanted to....because they blended in!

6 comments:

Megan said...

Great pictures Sarah! Our earlier snow had melted, but we got a couple more inches over the weekend. That's in the process of melting now.
Do you watch American Idol? Last night they were in Salt Lake City auditioning, and Alan Osmond's son (David I think) auditioned! He has MS also, and has been in a wheel chair, but is not now. He made it through to the next level, but they mentioned that they could tell that he was used to singing with a group, in harmony. So he would have to choose songs that would feature him more as a soloist. Anyway, I thought you would be interested in that, since we loved the Osmonds!! :)

Sarah said...

Oh I saw it! I should have known you would love that show too! Now that he's on there...I want him to win!! LOVE THOSE OSMONDS!!!!

Truman said...

Those are good pictures, Sarah. How far does your property extend behind the house? There's a river not too far away, isnt there? Got a kick out of your and Megan's exchange about the Osmonds. Suppose you heard that Donny had mentioned being on Dancing With the Stars, but then said he didn't want to be. He might do pretty well if he did get on.

Sarah said...

You see the tree house in the background? Up the hill further is a fence line and that is where our property ends. It backs up to a cow pasture. Richard built the tree house..first building project. Our property leads to a creek off to the right behind Emma. We are near the Cumberland River but as far as water goes near the house, we have the creek.

I would love to see Donny on Dancing with the Stars! Yes, Megan and I were pretty much addicted fans! We knew (KNOW) every word! I loves the visits I got to have at your house in the summer!

Andy Murphy said...

So I have to admit... Sarah and I are Idol watchers as well. Though I am not throwing my hat in with the Osmonds!

Sarah said...

That's because I have to admit...Megan and I are older! :)