Sunday, January 25, 2009

Before the inauguaration



Last Sunday I drove into DC to drop my Mom off at the train station. After her train left I wandered over to the the capitol which is just a few blocks from the station and took this shot. There was a lot of excitement in the air and even more security. On the way back I took a different route and stumbled across the memorial to Japanese interred during WWII. I never knew there was one. It was a moving tribute, surprisingly hidden away on an obscure street corner...

2 comments:

Andy Murphy said...

Pardon my spelling on the title. I chalk it up to a lack of sleep as a new parent!

Truman said...

Thanks for the posting, Andy. I don't think I knew either about the Japanese memorial. About your spelling, I wish our postings and comments had a spell-check feature. It wasn't a spelling problem, but I must have clicked publish twice when I commented on Leigh's posting. Can't use lack of sleep as a reason for that.
Grandpa