Friday, December 7, 2012

I thought maybe I had heard the last of the "small world" stories, but I was wrong.   Yesterday I happened to hear a woman at a nearby table mention some names of people and parts of the area I grew up in.   So I went over after eating, and we talked a few minutes.   I told her I knew Dan Stehle and Bob and George Murray.   I guess I didn 't say where I had lived.  Tonight when I went into the dining area, she motioned for me to come over.   She wanted to know my sisters names.   I told her, and this time mentioned Myers Avenue.   She said she used to get her hair fixed at a beauty shop on Myers Avenue.   Can you believe that?   She had been one of my mother's customers.   So it's possible that maybe I had been in the house sometime when she was getting her hair done.   Even if that coincidence never happened, I'm still amazed that my mother had fixed her hair.

4 comments:

Mike said...

That is remarkable!

steve said...

The more we open up to those around us, the more we find similarities. Growing up on Myers Avenue back then was just fine. I met a man my age who lived on Myers Avenue and when I told him my Dad had lived there he asked me where and I told him the number. He responded, "Oh up on top of the hill, that's where the well off lived, I lived at the bottom of the hill."

Eileen and John said...

Dad, your move to Mansfield has been such a jewel and a blessing to find all these persons from your past!

Sarah said...

WOW!! That is SO amazing!!