Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Zero to Boston, Doin' it for Dad: Feeling the Love

Hi all, just got back from Boston.  Aside from the heat on race day, it was an amazing weekend. It was great to have Dad & Maureen up with me.  My legs feel alright at the moment, but they will feel like solid wood again when I wake up in the morning.  Just wanted to share my wrap-up post from the weekend:

Zero to Boston, Doin' it for Dad: Feeling the Love: Just got home after a whirlwind weekend.  I had a PW and a PR at the same time.  It was my slowest marathon ever 4:05, but that never bother...

2 comments:

Sally said...

Way to go Andy! But most important in all of that was that you were honoring your Dad. We love him and pray for him each day! He and Maureen are in this together fighting each day!

Truman said...

Thanks for the posting, Andy and the link to additional remarks. I was interested in your arm markings. Maureen sent me a picture, and you mentioned people calling them out as you passed. Have you been called Murph by others? That was my name in college days. Maureen says a friend calls her that. I can only imagine the special feelings of the day. Thinking of similar thoughts by so many others watching gives me goose bumps. A real outpouring of emotion. Sometimes you wonder if, as a society,we still care about others. An event like the one Monday shows that many do care.