Saturday, January 21, 2012

I had sent an email to Marnie Gardner Chistiansen that included:

"I wanted you know about her death, because without your suggestion that I ask
her for a date, the connection may not have been made that resulted in 68 years
of love and companionship with a wonderful woman and a family of five children,
fourteen grandchildren and 23 great grandchildren. So I owe you a debt of
gratitude that's beyond measure."

Marnie's daughters, Karen, Peggy and Sally have responded telling me that their mother had died in May of last year. Marnie and I had exchanged a couple emails and I had sent her some pictures. I had not heard back from her. Now I understand why.

3 comments:

Mike said...

A great example of how a small word or suggestion can lead to major blessings in life. I'm sure glad you took her advice!

Sarah said...

I'm glad you took her advice too! I'm also glad her daughters contacted you so you knew why you hadn't heard from her. I haven't forgotten the CD of Hannah's project that I need to send you! I love you!

Megan said...

Nice of Marnie's daughters to email you back. I'm sure your email to their mother was meaningful to them as well.