Monday, November 29, 2010

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8jnKFQuoHc

You may remember my writing about a note I added to a card I wrote when Mom was 84.

"You're 84, but why keep score,
For you will always be, young and beautiful to me."

I thought I had heard those words before, but didn't know where or when.

Last evening Mary had an old Elvis Pressley movie on the TV in the 200 dining area. He sang the song you'll hear on the link above. I know I never saw the movie, and I don't think I ever heard Elvis sing the song, so I still don't know where I heard the words. But you'll like the song and the way he sings it, even if you were never much of a fan of his.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember the song from Elvis, but it is a moving song. I remember you telling us this story and it is also beautiful. Your love for Mom and hers for you is a thing of beauty - and eternal!