Sunday, October 31, 2010

Had some nice visits with Megan and Steve. They were here for a while all three days, including going to church with us today. It was good to get caught up on some things in more depth than in e-mail exchanges - the wind farm business, Leadership Kearney and Whitney's practicum/internship for next semester and summer. While here they took a new power toothbrush out of the box and got it working for me. I bought it at the dentist office when I was there Thursday, but hadn't had time to do anything with it. Also, I told them my little refrigerator had stopped working and they picked up a new one for me at hhgregg at Easton. About church, on the fifth Sunday of a month the service is mostly a hymn sing. And today was also Reformation Sunday. Of course, we sang A Mighty Fortress - we would song a verse, then some responsive reading, another verse etc. - something quite different from usual services. Mom didn't sing this time. We can only guess if she knew what we were singing.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ah but you have the wonderful words printed out for you as a memory to when she sang it LAST year! :)

Glad you had a good visit with Megan and Steve!