Monday, September 27, 2010

We celebrated Mom's 89th birthday today. We looked at her cards and some clothes I bought her in the morning. After lunch, I went to Kroger and bought a chocolate-fudge cake and Edy's Triple Chocolate ice cream, which we enjoyed after the evening meal. There were just two candles on the cake, an 8 and a 9. Everyone sang to her and seemed to enjoy the "party". Before I left her this evening I asked her if she had a nice birthday. She smiled. Last year when I asked that question, she said, "Uh huh."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mom! It sounds like you enjoyed the day together - especially the chocolate fix! I've noticed Mom smiles a lot, and that is good. To me, she is at peace and she enjoys your company Dad - and she shows that by reaching out for you.

Megan said...

I sure thought about Mom a lot yesterday. Happy Birthday, Mom!

Sarah said...

I did too! Glad you had a good day. We love you both!