Monday, February 1, 2010

Thought I would bring you up to date on recent visits. Megan and Steve were here on Saturday, January 16, Eileen, Anya and John on Friday the 29th. On February 17 Scott has some business in Columbus and should be able to come here that afternoon. Don't know of others until April. I'll want to know about how many of you will be here then, so arrangements can be made with those staff members who might be invloved.

So far this winter, compared to some parts of the country, central Ohio has been a pretty good place to be. The snowfall has been about average with no big accumulations. But there have been late winter, early spring surprises before, so we'll keep hoping there isn't one in late April .

I have brought www.dontsaygoodbye.net up through the storm of December 23, 1943. Don't know how many of you read it. I hope to make it more user friendly in the future by breaking it up into smaller segments with an index on the home page. I'm pretty sure that can be done. In the meantime, I tell the people who have helped me so far that I'm approaching 90, so they have to be a little patient. The site actually is for a small business, so what I'm doing with it is different from the usual kind of development. I've had comments from other than family members - one from a woman whose mother has Alzheimers. She said she sees," a future of what my Dad will be doing for my Mom " and has been helped "at a time I needed to read it the most." That makes the writing all the more worthwhile to me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Poppop, that is WONDERFUL that others are benefiting from your blog!!! I have read all of it and have loved hearing your love story. You are my hero.

Our family will be with you in April. I'm still not sure about Richard but we are working on that!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

PopPop,
I read EVERY word! Keep updating! I love reading it. We will ALL be there in April and cannot wait to see you guys!
Rebecca Anne