Friday, September 5, 2008

Mystery Hill



Dad reminded me that I didn't mention our trip to Mystery Hill & Prehistoric Forest at Lakeside. Well, ever since Maureen and I have been going to Lakeside, she has always wanted to go to Mystery Hill. My response was always "No, it's a ripoff." This year she announced she was going to take Shawn to Mystery Hill--kind of sneaky using a 6-year old, but it got her there. Guess what? It's a ripoff.
As we went in, Shawn told Maureen he would hold her hand in case she got scared. We talked to the owner who told us he had bought the place after it had been closed for several years due to tax problems. He said he had really upgraded the place and that it was really cheesy when he got it. I can't imagine how bad it was in the 60s. He also said he had some major improvements planned for next year. Hah!
So for all of you other potential Mystery Hill visitors, save your money.
Scott

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is a HOOT! I always wondered about places like that at Lakeside. I also wonder...what ever happened to "BLUUUUE HOOOOLE"?
(That's Uncle Steve's version) :)

Sarah

Anonymous said...

All aboard for Prehistoric Forest! I remember going to the Forest and to Mystery Hill. Of course as a kid, it was neat - especially the train ride and the slanted room of illusions.

I think the Blue Hole is no longer because the water disappeared! Imagine that.

Stephen