Saturday, March 26, 2016

Don't forget me.

   When I lived at Summit's Trace, I got to know a woman whose mother lived there for a while.   Sometimes she would stop by my apartment and we would talk about a wide range of subjects    She had already experienced tragedy in her life.   Her husband had suffered a fatal heart attack while playing golf.    In the years since I moved to Mansfield, she has had a double mastectomy and had a bad fall.   But she remains active in her church and still conducts tours of the Statehouse.   She closed her recent note with, "Love to you and don't forget me."    Never had anyone say that before, but believe not to be forgotten is a very human wish,  
.  

2 comments:

steve said...

When setbacks occur we have a choice to take a negative view or to look ahead positively and take each day as it comes and make the best of it. Life does go on . . .

Mike said...

That was a nice thing she said to you.