Monday, July 15, 2013

A step back in time

Yesterday I did something that took me back ten years and more to the time when Mom was still her self. Some of you know over a period of years I made tapes of songs from records and other tapes. Mom and I would listen to them during lunch and dinner. Another, including Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 4, her favorite classical composition, she would play at other times during the day. I think she may have listened to that one at Kensington Place, but I don't remember ever playing any of the others there. So I believe the last time I heard them, including one with songs Megan included on the presentation she made at our 50th wedding anniversary, would have been while we still lived on Sutter Parkway. I don't remember ever playing them at Summit's Trace. So it's very nice to hear them again. I intend to take some time to do so every day.

2 comments:

steve said...

It is also interesting how you are writing down song lyrics that you remember - and many of them are from a long time ago. You certainly have a great long term memory!

Mike said...

I still have a recording you made years ago of Christmas music on one side and other music you liked on the other. At the end you and Mom sang "We wish you a Merry Christmas" Its neat to hear her voice again.