Thursday, May 2, 2013

Interesting contrast.
Two men, both Primrose residents, died in April.   The obituary for one was three inches wide and nine inches long and appeared three times in the daily paper.   The other obit was an inch-and-a- half square, said the man "cashed in his chips early Tuesday morning" and that a local funeral home was assisting with arrangements.   It was in the paper just once.    I've read many different descriptions of death but never one that compared it to the last move in a poker game.    I didn't know either man very well, but the second one lived next door to me.   He had heart trouble and hadn't been out of his room for several weeks.   He died at 5:00 am on April 30, and I didn't hear anything.   I was surprised when someone told me at lunch.     

1 comment:

Mike said...

Makes you wonder if those with long obits are trying to impress someone.