Sunday, August 19, 2012

There are times in the grieving process when the sense of loss hits by surprise.   One of those times came today as I was going through some old papers and found a sheet showing my name as a World War II honoree honored by  Margaret A. Murphy,   I had forgotten about that.   I don't know how or remember when she did it.   But she did, and seeing the record prompted one of those gulp-choke moments.   It also prompted me to see if I could find my name on the registry of honorees.   I did by Googling world war 2 memorial honorees, clicking on search the registry and entering my name and state.   I am listed there because Mom saw to it - never would have gotten around to it myself.

2 comments:

steve said...

Interesting reading and I thought your phrase "gulp choke moment" expressed your feelings that resonated with me. :)

Mike said...

I remember when that was done and seeing the site.