Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Coleman Road

I rode my mike past Maple Lake park and they now have a climbing wall their. I turned right onto Taylor Rd. and went past what used to be Crall's store and remembered going there for a soda and some candy. I turned left onto Coleman Rd and rode past the homes of many of my friends: Larry Williams, Tim Browarski, Mike Murray, and Mike O'Brien. As I pedaled along, I noticed the street looks pretty much the same and the people there are keepings their homes and yards in good shape. As I approached 578, I saw the two blue spruces in the front yard are still there, and they are very tall - and the branches don't go all the way to the ground now. The pin oak tree Dad had planted on the west side of the house is huge! There is a ramp up the front steps and a white fence is still around the back yard. The oak tree enclosed therein is still there. At the corner I turned left and rode past the old Flynn residence and turned left into the alley, now called Cameo Lane. I coasted past the back of Chiverton's place and it looked in need of some tender loving care - the yard. The Lilacs that were behind our fence are gone and I could see a raised deck within the fenced in area, so they could come out and onto the deck from the level of the house. the side yard was visible and the tv tower was gone. I pedaled along the rest of the alley and ended up on Euclid Ave. and went by Brinkerhoff school, and safety town was set up on the playground. It was a beautiful day for exercise and remembrances.

3 comments:

Truman said...

Nice posting, Steve. I know it wasn't easy to do. Has anyone else had problems getting things posted?

Eileen and John said...

Steve - thanks for the walk down memory lane!

Megan said...

I love Coleman Rd. - what a great house, and neighborhood!