Tuesday, February 22, 2011

We had another fire alarm experience last night - actually at 3:00 AM this morning. It stayed on for two hours. I've heard a resident was popping corn (at that hour?), it overheated and the smoke set off the alarm. I don't know why it stayed on so long. The whole system is being upgraded - new alarms in every room. Apparently there wasn't anyone in the building who knew how to shut the alarm off after it was determined that there wasn't a fire. I would hope that situation is corrected and we don't have another similar incident.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, that's not pleasant. How has Mom dealt with the loud noise?

Sarah said...

Wow! That's irritating! So much for that good night sleep!

Truman said...

Steve, I wasn't with Mom this time while the fire alarm was sounding. At other times when I was with her, I think the noise bothered (irritated would be putting it mildly, Sarah) me more than it bothered her. Maybe her mental condition accounts for that, because in years past that kind of shrill noise would make her hold her ears and blink her eyes.